Pixel Toys is looking for an experienced UX Designer looking to step up to the next level to help us create wonderful, entertaining games. This is an opportunity to join a growing developer at an exciting time in the company’s development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest mobile and VR hardware.
You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable and entertaining games possible.
As one of the core members of the team you will be responsible for working with the creative leads to take the vision for our games from concept to completion.
As a candidate for the UX Designer role you are expected to have had experience on the creation of UX designs for at least 3 published games. Consistency, clarity and flair are key and we expect to see this in your work throughout. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating great games.
- Take overall ownership of innovative user experience design to ensure that all player-facing game elements are well defined and flow effectively and efficiently
- Be familiar with current trends in UX design in all sectors of the games industry.
- The creation of concept wireframes, prototypes, and user flow diagrams to prove design assumptions and functionality.
- Proactively drive UI/UX user stories, scenario development, user testing and feedback loops.
- Promote user experience best practices and highlight standard solutions to ensure the dev teams are abreast of current relevant thinking in the user experience field
- Be the champion for good UX in the company.
- Working with the Monetisation Manager to integrate effective virality and retention mechanics into our UX.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
- Experience of designing UX in three or more published titles – able to demonstrate a key role within the development of those titles and overall design responsibility for at least one.
- A thorough understanding of user experience theory.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written form to all levels within the organisation.
- Experience of working with data analysis and analysts to develop and iterate game UX design.
- Proficiency with Visio, Illustrator or comparable package for the creation of wireframes and flow diagrams.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Show an interest in psychology, user behaviour and cognitive science.
- Avid games player across different genres.
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- UI production skills – ability with Photoshop/Illustrator
- UI implementation experience – ideally in Unity UI
- Unity UI scripting skills
- Experience creating and shipping Unity titles
- Experience leading developing on iOS, Android
- Experience creating and shipping VR titles
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is an award-winning developer situated in the heart of the beautiful Regency town of Leamington Spa.
The company works on games that are played and loved by millions of gamers across the world, pushes what’s technically and visually possible on mobile and is creating pioneering titles in the emerging VR space.
We are a growing company and recently moved into a new completely refurbished office in the centre of Leamington Spa.
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- create genre-leading, award winning titles
In addition we will:
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- provide pension, healthcare, childcare schemes
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
How To Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter/email via the form below.