Pixel Toys is looking for talented experienced, senior and/or lead online / backend programmers to help us create wonderful, entertaining games. This is an opportunity to join a growing developer at an exciting time in the company’s development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest mobile and VR hardware.
As a key member of the Pixel Toys team you’ll be responsible for working with the other programmers to design and develop online and back-end technology and data architecture to take our games from concept to completion.
You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable and entertaining games possible.
As a candidate for an online / backend programmer role you are expected to have proven experience working with online systems and/or backend technology stacks and databases. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for day to day management of members of the programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver. You will also need a genuine passion for games.
Location – Leamington Spa
- Online / backend systems and data structure architecture
- Online / backend code development
- Implementation of game meta systems
- Client-server and server-server communication and packet optimisation
- Ensuring code and systems quality and stability
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
- A strong academic background in Computer Science
- At least 2 years experience of online/backend systems development (more for senior or lead roles)
- At least 1 shipped game in an online/backend role (and at least 1 in a senior or lead role for senior/lead roles)
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Experience with networking protocols, user authentication
- Experience of metagame programming
- Experience configuration, maintaining and optimising databases
- Experience developing multiplayer game components (async / sync, client-server and/or p2p)
- Good knowledge of modern game engines
- Excellent technical implementation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making games
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience with security, data validation and anti-cheat systems
- Experience developing CMS systems
- Experience developing mobile (iOS / Android) free-to-play titles
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience working with GameSparks
- Experience and/or training in agile development
- Experience with tools development
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other programmers
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is an award-winning developer situated in the heart of the beautiful Regency town of Leamington Spa.
The company works on games that are played and loved by millions of gamers across the world, pushes what’s technically and visually possible on mobile and is creating pioneering titles in the emerging VR space.
We are a growing company and recently moved into a new completely refurbished office in the centre of Leamington Spa.
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- create genre-leading, award winning titles
In addition we will:
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- provide pension, healthcare, childcare schemes
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
How To Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter/email via the form below.