Our first game Gunfinger had over half a million downloads in its first week
Our second game Warhammer 40k Freeblade had over 3 Million downloads in its first week and won Apple’s best Iphone Game and featured on stage at the last 2 Apple keynotes. It also won Google Play’s most beautiful game award.
Imagine what our third and fourth games will achieve, and you could be a vital part of them.
Pixel Toys is looking for an experienced Technical Director / Manager or a talented lead/Senior programmer looking to step up to the next level to help us create wonderful, entertaining games. This is an opportunity to join a growing developer at an exciting time in the company’s development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest mobile and VR hardware.
You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable and entertaining games possible.
As a senior member of the Pixel Toys team you’ll be responsible for working with the other department leads to take our games from concept to completion and be responsible for delivery of high-quality software titles and supporting tools.
In this role you will have technical responsibility for all areas of all game and will be actively involved in working with other discipline leads in setting standards and defining budgets, estimating feature scope and system implementation times.
You will be responsible for line management, skills development and career progression for the programming team.
You will need a genuine passion for games and to be able to communicate clearly at all levels, both within the company and with external partners.
Location Leamington Spa
- On-time deliery of high-quality software titles and supporting tools
- High-level strategic planning for studio technology development
- Evaluation of 3rd party tools, SDKs and backend software stacks
- Technical project planning and scheduling for all games
- Game and Tools systems architecture and design
- Technical budgets
- Ensuring consistent technical performance of titles (stability, scalability, memory use, frame-rate)
- Promotion of inter-discipline communication and teamwork
- Management of, promotion and team adherence to coding standards
- Line management, goal setting and hiring for the programming team
- Development and management of tools to support games development
JOB REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
- At least 5 years experience of games development in management or technical leadership roles
- At least 2 shipped games in a Lead/Senior role
- Excellent knowledge of modern game engines
- Excellent technical architecture skills
- Experience evaluating, recommending and building software products using a suite of 3rd party SDKs and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making great games
- Experience managing development of tools, online / sever back-end systems
- Experience managing, leading and motivating a team of programmers
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies
- Management experience working with agile development practices
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience creating and shipping Unity titles
- Experience leading developing on iOS, Android
- Experience managing technical delivery of game updates during live operations in mobile free-to-play
- Experience with specification and management of server technology software stacks
- Experience with hardware, software and network infrastructure management and procurement
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is an award-winning developer situated in the heart of the beautiful Regency town of Leamington Spa.
The company works on games that are played and loved by millions of gamers across the world, pushes what’s technically and visually possible on mobile and is creating pioneering titles in the emerging VR space.
We are a growing.
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- Work in a flexible environment
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Create genre-leading, award winning titles
In addition we will:
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Private family medical, pension, childcare schemes, fantastic working environment
- Commitment to a great bonus scheme
- Provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team building events
- Commitment to adding additional benefits as we grow
How To Apply
Send your CV via the form below.