Pixel Toys are looking for a talented VFX artist to help us create wonderful, entertaining games with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. As one of the core members of the team you will be responsible for working with creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment and add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
Location – Leamington Spa
- First point of contact for visual effects, responsible for creation and implementation of effects in all of our games, working with art leads and team to align this with the overall game style guide.
- Creation of elements from initial concepts through to implementation of final effects in game.
- Developing and maintaining cutting edge techniques/tools and pushing the envelope on visual quality on mobile
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
- We are seeking a strong VFX artist with real-time game engine experience.
- You love crafting explosions, sparks and magic in-game, as much as adding sparkle and zing to user-interfaces.
- You are keenly aware of the technical limitations of the mobile platform and have a bank of techniques ready to push the visual effect bar past the established limits.
- An artistic eye matched with creative problem solving as part of a multi-discipline team, you can communicate your ideas to artists, designers and coders with ease.
- Mobile experience a bonus, as is experience with Unity.
If you are interested and think you might have what it takes, then please drop us your details!
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is an up and coming developer having grown from a 2 man team in 2012 to around 36 staff today, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the mobile space today from our brand new offices in the centre of Leamington Spa. Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a flexible creative environment
- help define the evolving studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices
How To Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter/email via the form below.