Pixel Toys are looking for a Backend / Network Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high end graphics, built for mobile platforms. The role is key to the team as you will be developing key systems across both client and server codebases, in order to support and provide engaging social and multiplayer experiences in our games. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to support the teams create the most enjoyable games possible.
Location Leamington Spa
As a candidate for the Backend / Network Programmer role you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with the ability to prioritise and execute on a variety of work. You will be responsible for planning and architecting code and data systems that span back end servers and client code.
There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our teams scale up the use of social, online and backend servers in our games, and you will be in a key role where you can help shape the systems design, selection of services we use and the architecture and components we choose to build alongside them to support our games.
The ideal candidate has experiences in and the ability to use:
- Experience with developing and delivering live service updates.
- Interfacing with Social APIs (Game Center, Google Play, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Backend Services (Analytics, Purchasing, AWS, GameSparks, etc)
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting teams and delivering quality code and systems.
As part of our backend team you will work with team leads to provide robust software solutions which span client and server code to enable teams to deliver great online multiplayer games with best in class social integrations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create technical designs and implement the key backend systems used in current and future titles.
- Work on account management, analytics, data storage and backend services.
- Defining data formats and communication protocols between the client and server systems.
- Working with other teams to ensure they build systems that interface with network systems APIs appropriately.
- Writing robust server code to support fun, engaging multiplayer gameplay.
- Help to develop robust client code to interface with Social / Network systems.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
We are interested in you if you have most or all of the following:
- A minimum of 2 years experience of software engineering with a focus on networked or multiplayer game components.
- A good understanding of network protocols, server architectures, and data storage formats including database design.
- A positive and outgoing personality
- The ability to work together in a team environment and being self driven, proactive and focused
- A passion for playing and making games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
And we’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with iOS, Android, Facebook and other Platform / Social APIs
- Experience setting up and maintaining AWS systems
- Experience building systems with GameSparks
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter via the form below. We’d also love to see some examples of your work, so please send it through or provide a link to your