Pixel Toys is looking for a Graphics Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games. This is an opportunity to join an exciting new developer at a critical time in the company’s development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest mobile and tablet hardware.
As a member of the Pixel Toys team you’ll be responsible for working with the other department leads to take our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of areas of each game, and will be actively involved in working with other discipline leads in setting standards and defining budgets. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable and entertaining game possible.
As a candidate for the graphics programmer role you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad experience working across a wide variety of game systems. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for day to day management of members of the programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver. You will also need a genuine passion for games.
Location Leamington Spa
- Game systems architecture
- Core gameplay prototyping and development
- Implementing game progression systems
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability
- Memory and frame-rate profiling and optimisation
- Mentoring and/or managing other members of the programming team
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
- At least 5 years experience of games development
- At least 2 shipped games including at least 1 in a senior or lead role
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Experience of gameplay programming
- Experience of prototyping and rapid iteration of features
- Good knowledge of modern game engines
- Excellent technical implementation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making games
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other programmers
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- C# programming experience
- Experience building prototypes and/or full games in Unity
- Experience building prototypes and/or full games in Unreal / UDK
- Experience developing on iOS
- Experience and/or training in agile development
- Experience with networking, multiplayer, and/or database systems
- Experience with tools development
How to apply
Send your CV via the form below. We’d also love to see some examples of your work, so please send it through or provide a link to your folio.