Pixel Toys is looking for a programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games. This is an opportunity to join an exciting developer at an important time in the company’s development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest mobile, tablet and VR hardware.
As a member of the Pixel Toys team you’ll be responsible for working with the other departments to take our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of areas of each game, and will be actively involved in working with a variety of team members. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable and entertaining games possible.
As a candidate for the graduate role you should have some experience developing games or game demos alongside formal education in software engineering or a related degree. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive, and have a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
You should be a keen problem solver, with a genuine passion for games.
Location Leamington Spa
- Game systems architecture
- Core gameplay prototyping and development
- Implementing game progression systems
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability
- Memory and frame-rate profiling and optimisation
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Experience of gameplay programming
- Experience of prototyping and rapid iteration of features
- Good knowledge of modern game engines
- Excellent technical implementation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making games
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- C# programming experience
- Experience building prototypes and/or full games in Unity
- Experience developing on iOS, Android or VR
- Experience and/or training in agile development
- Experience with networking, multiplayer, and/or database systems
- Experience with tools development
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter via the form below. We’d also love to see some examples of your work, so please send it through or provide a link to your folio.